Now, Majorca hosts a collection of places of interest that are worth discovering.
• Palma, the Ciutat de Mallorca. According to The Times, Palma is the best city in the world to live. It has a beautiful old town with stately courtyards, charming streets, modernist buildings and its majestic Cathedral that overlooks the sea.
• Towns of Majorca. The island of Majorca is full of villages that bring us back to the olden days like Banyalbufar, Fornalutx, Sóller, Alcudia, Valldemosa and Deià. In them you can enjoy the local character of Majorca.
• Serra de Tramuntana. The mountains of Majorca were declared Cultural Heritage of Humanity by Unesco for the beauty of its crops and water distribution mechanisms.
• Cape of Formentor. The impressive cliffs of Cabo de Formentor represent one of the most typical pictures of the island. It is a viewpoint spread over several kilometres that mixes imposing views of the Mediterranean and Menorca with a stunning beach surrounded by pines trees.
• Caves. Majorca has an exceptional underground landscape due to its calcareous nature. The most well known caves are the caves of the Drach, Campanet and Artà, all very close to the Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & Spa.
Majorca is world famous for its fantastic beaches and coves. There are beaches suitable for everyone. Here are our suggestions:
• Cala Agulla (Capdepera). Views of the open sea, transparent waters, occasional waves ... Cala Agulla is admired by the surfer community of Majorca for its conditions as well as the tranquility.
• Cala Mondragó (Felanitx). The wonderful Natural Park of Mondragó houses a beautiful cove. Cala Mondragó is divided into two separate coves, which face each other. You can access it on foot through a wooded pine forests.
• Es Trenc (Campos). Fine, white sand, it is a paradise with unsurpassed crystalline waters. The charm of Es Trenc continues in Ses Covetes.
• Cala Deià (Deià). The majestic village of Deià enjoys phenomenal views of the north coast of Majorca. Its small cove descends from the beautiful mountain and is a perfect place for couples.
• Formentor (Pollença). A beach of international fame for its crystalline waters and very fine sand, which is surrounded by a lush pine forest whose branches almost touch the water.
• Cala Varques (Manacor). Without doubt, a beach that seems to belong to another time, for its tranquility, beauty and natural character. It is an area for couples who want a special place to go.
• Es Caló des Moro (Santanyí). One of the Majorcan’s best kept secrets. With crystalline waters, nestled between high walls of stone and pines, Es Caló is a cosy beach that is ideal for couples.
Majorca is the perfect destination with so many activities adapted to all tastes and needs.
• Sports for all. Hiking through Mondragó Park, cycling routes all over the island, golf by the sea, psicobloc in Cala Varques ... and of course diving, snorkeling, kayaking, sailing, stand up paddle boarding and other water sports all in the Mediterranean Sea.
• Aquarium. An aquarium that recreates marine habitats and ecosystems in 55 tanks containing a total of 5 million litres of seawater and more than 700 species of turtles, sharks, moray eels, seahorses, rays...
• Natura Parc. A park with an area of 30,000 m², that brings children closer to the ecological reality of Majorca and its indigenous animals.
• Train to Sóller. Since 1912 the Soller Railroad has united Palma with Sóller along with its famous wooden train. Travel among orange, olive and almond trees, through stunning scenery.
• Waterparks. Majorca offers fantastic ways to spend a day at the water slides, swimming pools and attractions. The best-known water parks are Aqualand Aquacity, Aqualand Aquapark and Hidropark.
• Popular markets. We recommend the urban markets of Santa Catalina and l'Olivar in Palma. But do not forget the craftwork of Binissalem, the surprising purchases in Consell and fruits and vegetables in Santa María ...
• Delicious cuisine. The cuisine of Majorca allows you to taste many local specialties. The most well known are sobrasada and ensaimada, but we also recommend pa amb oli, trampó, lechona and a magnificent bakery.